Talk to us:
A CNC machine is an advanced machine that allows raw materials to be processed to create different products according to computerized pre-determined programs. This is a machine that allows businesses, entrepreneurs, start-ups and anyone interested in producing certain products to do so quickly, at convenient costs and of course also learn from failures or failures in product planning. Let’s understand what the machine is, how it works and why it is so important for the execution and production of products from different raw materials.
What is CNC?
CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control, and in Hebrew it is common to translate this as numerical computer controller. The purpose of this device is computerized control of a CNC machine. In fact, the answer to the question of what CNC is can refer to either the controller or the machine as a whole.
A CNC machine is a machine that performs a “milling” operation on a block of raw material to obtain the desired product. This, similar to parallel manual operations such as carving and with the help of the controller we mentioned earlier. Using such a machine, the operations can be performed more quickly and accurately, and the product will also be very consistent. That is, we can produce with such a machine a large amount of parts that will all be of the best quality in terms of “milling” accuracy.
CNC machines can save a lot of time in production. All of this affects the work processes of the producers and the costs for them, and therefore has a positive effect on the consumer as well. A CNC machine can be seen as a super efficient production worker or as part of a production line, and is a type of production robot. We will immediately expand and explain what can be produced using a CNC machine and how. But in essence, it can be described in two words: almost everything! No wonder these machines have a place of honor in industrial history. Even today, they are very widely used, thanks in part to their constant and extensive development in terms of automation and computing and other aspects.
If we expand a little on the explanation of what a CNC machine is, we will describe it as a material processing machine with a computerized controller, which operates it according to the programs given to it. The method of processing is, as mentioned, a “milling” approach. That means starting from a block of raw material or from an existing product. This is the starting point and from here, the machine unloads parts. “Rodent” in different forms. Just as a sculptor creates a figure from a block of material, by removing parts with various tools. It is important to note that CNC may also include additional but close operations, such as drilling or engraving. Because of the nature of their operation, these machines have various security measures, including prevention of approaching dangerous areas that are in motion. If necessary, also use cooling means for the machine since it may heat up. This occurs mainly when the machine operates at high speeds and for a long time.
The variety of materials that can be worked with on a CNC machine is very wide. This of course also depends on the machine that must be able to work with the material in question. But a typical machine will know how to work with the common materials metal, plastic and wood. Of course, when we talk about metals and plastics, we are actually talking about each of them, about a whole world of possibilities depending on the choice of materials.
These machines have many uses. This is seen, for example, in the creation of electronic products, in the field of dentistry, and more. In fact, the flexibility and endless possibilities, and they are one of the key points that led to the great popularity of CNC machines. You can try and classify the uses according to the following points:
· Manufacturing or machining – with CNC it is possible to produce different products and parts from the beginning or perform different operations on existing parts and products.
· Creating two-dimensional or three-dimensional parts.
· Making various adjustments – for example creating holes for screws.
· Many products and automation – a very important aspect is that these machines are used to implement automation in production. Not only in terms of fully processing one product, but in terms of repeating it as much as required. Advanced machines may also perform quality tests of the product and warn of malfunctions in their operation.
· Few customized products – CNC machines can be used to produce a single and unique product according to specific requirements. A prominent example of this is creating a prototype for entrepreneurs, startups or a business developing a new product. CNC machines make it possible to develop a prototype at a very high speed. This is of great importance in light of the fierce competition they may be operating against, when agile development and quick arrival to the market are essential. In fact, even failure is something that businesses want to happen quickly. According to the approach known as fail fast, if a prototype proves that a certain idea does not work, it is better to know about it as soon as possible. Therefore, it is better to be able to produce the same prototype as quickly as possible.
The work plans are set using a computer, an advantage in itself because the computer is connected to the machine and can do everything efficiently and quickly, while saving all the work and plans for future use. The use of a computer also opens up advanced possibilities, such as turning product drawings into work instructions for the CNC machine automatically.
Once the plans are set, the machine starts working: the machine has a head where the parts can be changed depending on the nature of the “milling” desired. The head is driven to desired positions using motors and several axes.
Machining using these machines has been very common in the industrial world for many years. It is applied, for example, in the molds and machining department at Ishar Plastic Industries, which also offers complementary machining services for plastic parts. This is done through CNC machines, CNC lathes, milling machines, wire cutting machines (WIRE CUT), electro erosion machines (EDM), 3D measuring machines and other advanced equipment.
YSR Plastic Industries is a very old and reputable company, which was founded in 1978. The company specializes in the development, production and adaptation of innovative and comprehensive technological solutions for the plastics industry, for large businesses (only). Israr operates in a variety of industries and services, including medical and security equipment, irrigation and agriculture, electronics and consumer products. Its special competitive advantage is the ability to provide a complete and comprehensive solution, of characterization, production, assembly and packaging in one place, with one warranty. Thanks to this, you can benefit from saving time and money, improving quality, reducing depreciation and saving on logistics and transportation management.